Research & Resources:
Waldorf High School Education
The Association of Waldorf Schools of North America has conducted a series of studies about what becomes of Waldorf students after graduation. The Survey of Waldorf Graduates, Phase II reflects the data gathered in a survey ending in 2007, revealing that:
- 94% of Waldorf High School Graduates go on to college
- 47% major in arts/humanities
- 42% major in sciences/math
- 91% practice and value life-long learning
- 94% highly value self-confidence
- 92% highly value critical thinking
- 89% highly satisfied in choice of occupation
- 96% highly value interpersonal relationships
- 90% highly value tolerance of other viewpoints
- 82% care most, at work, about ethical principles
For more about Waldorf Education and research about it, please visit the Research Institute for Waldorf Education at www.waldorfresearchinstitute.org.
For more on Waldorf Education and its many facets and manifestations throughout North America, please visit the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America at www.whywaldorfworks.org.